Annual Action Plan for Financial Year 2013-14
1. SHGs are spread in all the districts of the State covering more than 20,000 villages. WBSCL’s aim will be to reach out to these SHGs and to solve their problems at the grass root level. To achieve this objective, WBSCL plan to set up 5 zonal offices in the districts of Purulia, Murshidabad, South 24 Parganas, Darjelling & Burdwan to have deeper inroads into the activities of SHGs and to ensure sustainable livelihoods to these members. In this connection, the aforesaid zonal offices which will be controlled by WBSCL’s Head Office will maintain close and useful relationship with District SHG & SE officers and also with the wings of State Rural Livelihood Mission.
2. To open at least 5 Common Facility Centres with tie-ups with renowned NGOs like Bharat Sevashram Sangha and its outfits, Ramakrishna Mission and its associates and private partners with impeccable track record. These centres will focus on activities like production, processing, marketing, research etc.
3. To activate the project relating to Lac Cultivation by SHG members of Purulia District at Kumari Kanan , Ajodhya Hill and other tracts of land owned by SHG members in the vicinity of Kumari Kanan.
4. To introduce few mobile vans/ mobile carts in at least 5 Districts for sale & publicity of SHG products at different locations like district towns, sub-divisional towns, rural hats, melas/ fairs/exhibitions.
5. In addition to what is mentioned against item no 4 above, some fixed outlets for sale of SHG products will be set up in big shopping malls in Kolkata, Burdwan, Digha , Durgapur and Siliguri. In this connection, negotiation with City Centre 1 & 2 at Kolkata and City Centre at Siliguri has progressed to some extent.
6. To spread training of SHG members in all the districts of the State with focus on skill development, functional literacy, computer literacy, Vat registration/ procedure etc.
7. Seminars on Sales and Marketing of SHG products by the experts will be arranged at all blocks of the State to create awareness and knowledge on marketing opportunities for the Self Help Groups
8. WBSSP under which Rs. 8 Crore (approx) has been disbursed so far will now be extended to SHG members in a large way through e-payment. Our target for disbursement of Interest Subsidy under WBSSP for F. Y. 2013-2014 is Rs 20 Crore.